11650 Downes St NE
Lowell, MI 49331
This workshop is designed to encompass both the novice and the experienced Painter that would like to better understand how to work with all the elements involved in creating a successful still life painting in oils. If you have taken a workshop from me in the past I will be introducing more information as well as reinforcing what was covered in the “Sculpting a Still Life in Oils” workshop.
As an instructor it is my goal to help each painter move forward from the level they personally are at. At the beginning of the workshop I will be asking you to tell me what you are wanting to learn! Bring your questions!!
Some things I will be covering include:
- Creating a successful composition
- Understanding and working with transparent and opaque, thick and thin paint
- Improving your drawing skills
- Better understanding the importance of value
- Using lost and sharp edges to create the illusion of depth and dimension
The workshop will include demos and hand outs based on what the class needs and wishes are.